Fraud Alerts and Prevention
Frauds and scams are becoming more sophisticated, elaborate and technologically advanced. The best defense is to educate yourself to these threats and guard your personal information carefully.
Scam Prevention Tips:
- Buy some time: In an emergency, it’s natural to act before you have time to think. It’s no coincidence that many scams are designed to encourage an immediate reaction, before you have a chance to spot any red flags. Allow yourself to take a minute to assess a situation, even if it seems urgent.
- Use the address bar: Get in the habit of visiting websites directly instead of following links contained in emails. It takes only a few extra seconds and helps you be more mindful about your online activity.
- Cross-reference: It’s perfectly reasonable to verify the identity of the person or business you’re in contact with. Use a means outside of the original communication, like doing a separate web search or returning a call through a publicly listed number.
If you believe you’ve been targeted by a scammer, please contact us at to email@example.com or call 801-288-3000 or toll free 1-888-(GCU-TEAM).
Travelers Checks and Gift Cards
Travelers Checks and Gift Cards can be a safe alternative to cash when traveling and Granite offers both!
- American Express Travelers Checks (free to members)
- American Express Travelers Checks for two (1% of purchase price)
VISA Gift Cards
- Visa Gift Cards ($3.00/card)
- Visa Travel Cards – Reloadable ($5.00/new card $2.00/reload)
Debt Management and Financial Counseling
Debt Management & Financial Counseling
If the bills are starting to pile up, a chat with a counselor can help you review your options and determine a structured repayment plan. We have many resources available to help you navigate whatever financial challenges or opportunities arise. Give us a call, come visit us or check out the helpful links below.
- A Credit Union sponsored financial learning center. Learn to navigate all types of financial waters with fun and informative courses. Learn more.
AAA Fair Credit Foundation 1-800-351-4195
- A local non-profit financial counseling service offering workshops, events and classes on financial coaching, debt management, budgeting and more.
- A Utah State University Cooperative with helpful tools for budgeting, saving, debt management and more. Check out https://powerpay.org/
Wire Transfer Services
Granite Can Help!
Need to send or receive money with another financial institution? Granite can help!
You can easily and securely send money to another financial institution. Here’s what you’ll need:
- Complete Funds/Wire Transfer Agreement (one time)
- Completed Wire Request Form
Having funds transferred into your Granite account is just as easy. You’ll just need to provide the sender the following information:
- Wire Processor:
- Alloya FCU ABA# 271987635
- 4450 Weaver Parkway, Warrenville, IL
- 2nd Granite Credit Union ABA# 324078721
- 3675 South 900 East, Salt Lake City, UT
Income Wiring Instructions
The following form is used to give wiring instructions to other Financial Institutions in order to wire money to your account at Granite Credit Union. You’ll also need your member account number from the bottom of your check.
Payment Transfers from Checking Account at Other Financial Institutions
The following form is used to authorize Granite Credit Union to initiate transfers from other financial institutions. The origination is processed one business day before the effective date.
Wire Transfer Agreement – Complete one time to authorize 1st time and subsequent domestic and/or international wires.
Domestic Wire Form – For each subsequent domestic wire transfer –
International Wire Form – For each subsequent international wire transfer –
For those that don’t “google.”
– A –
Allowance – an amount of money parents give kids to help them learn to manage money. The amount is usually given weekly. Sometimes an allowance is tied to completing responsibilities -; household chores or jobs for the family.
Annual Percentage Rate (APR) – the rate of interest (in terms of a percent, such as 8.75%) being charged for a loan over a year’s time. The APR rate includes interest, transaction fees, and service fees.
ATM – These letters stand for Automatic Teller Machine. This is an electronic machine that enables people to take care of Credit Union business 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. You can deposit and withdraw money, pay loans, etc., at most ATMs.
Balance – 1) In talking about loans, the balance is the difference between the amount owed and the amount paid. If you pay $45 on a $100 debt, your balance is $55. 2) In talking about checkbooks, balancing means to account for all money that came into and went out of your account, so that at the end of the month you and your Credit Union statement agree. 3) In talking about savings, your balance is what is left in your savings account after you deposit or withdraw money..