2018 Scholarship Winners
Congratulations to our 2018 Scholarship Winners!
- Adrijana Toronto – Highland High
- Rebecca Wells – Skyline High
- Sarah Nyirakamana – West Lake High
- Morgan Whitney Rohde – Hillcrest High
2019 Scholarship Info
If you are currently enrolled in high school graduating in 2019 and a primary account holder in good standing at Granite, you are eligible to apply for one of four $2,500 scholarships! Start preparing now for next year’s scholarship. Read more.See Latest News/Posts
Meet Our Team
We believe that working at Granite Credit Union is more than a job but a way to make a difference with our members’ and employees’ lives. Thank you for your membership and please feel free to send us your comments and suggestions using our contact page. Contact us.
President / CEO
Senior VP / Lending
VP / CFO
VP / Risk Management
VP / Operations
VP / Human Resources
Meet Our Volunteers
Board of Directors
The credit union is directed by a Board of Directors elected by our membership. They represent our members and make sure that every decision the Credit Union makes is in the best interest of the membership.
Each of our seven board members were nominated based on their background and qualifications. After elected, they each serve a three year term. The terms are staggered so 2 or 3 directors’ terms are completed each year.
The Board of Directors appoints a volunteer Supervisory Committee. It is the responsibility of the Supervisory Committee to ensure that the credit union follows GAAP (Generally Accepted Accounting Principles) and the rules and regulations of the NCUA (National Credit Union Administration). At Granite Credit Union, the Supervisory Committee hires a CPA firm to do an annual audit. They review the audit and make sure the credit union follows the recommendations.
The Granite Teachers Credit Union
Founded in May 1935
On a spring afternoon in May 1935, a group of Granite School District employees met and formed Granite Teachers Credit Union. Their goal was to create a financial cooperative where the members could earn a good return on their savings and borrow at a competitive rate. Granite Credit Union began as an education credit union. Although we have dropped “Teachers” from our name, we continue to have deep roots in education.
One of our primary goals is to keep our members informed about all of the options available in the financial marketplace. We hope to help guide you to the products and services that will help you reach your financial goals.
People Helping People
We are dedicated to the credit union philosophy of “People Helping People.” Everything we do at Granite Credit Union is done with our members in mind.
Our mission is “To be our members’ 1st choice for high-quality financial products and services.”
We are striving to provide our members with services that:
- Save money by being fairly priced.
- Are convenient to use.
- Save time with short lines and fast answers.
- Provide a friendly atmosphere to do business.
- Provide a safe and secure place to save and borrow.
We have worked hard to provide a full line of products, a great place to borrow money for today and a safe place to save for tomorrow.
|Date||Holiday||Day of the Week|
|January 1, 2019||New Years Day||Tuesday|
|January 21, 2019||Martin Luther King Day||Monday|
|February 18, 2019||President's Day||Monday|
|May 27, 2019||Memorial Day||Monday|
|July 4, 2019||Independence Day||Thursday|
|July 24, 2019||Pioneer Day (Utah State Holiday)||Wednesday|
|September 2, 2019||Labor Day||Monday|
|October 14, 2019||Columbus Day||Monday|
|November 11, 2019||Veterans Day||Monday|
|November 28 & 29, 2019||Thanksgiving Day||Thursday - Friday|
|December 24, 2019||Christmas Eve -|
Close at 2 p.m.
|December 25, 2019||Christmas Day||Wednesday|
|January 1, 2020||New Year's Day||Wednesday|
We have partnered with Get Away Today to help make your dream vacations a reality.
What is Get Away Today?
- “Since 1990, Get Away Today has helped more than 2 million people enjoy vacations to Disneyland® and beyond. Almost like magic, we’ve become one of the world’s leading providers of Disney vacations, family factions, discount vacation packages and adventure vacations.
- But it’s really not magic. It’s building great relationships with hotels and attractions to secure the lowest possible prices. It’s passing along volume discounts and keeping overhead low. That’s how we save you 20% to 50% per vacation. Plus, we take such good care of you that you’ll never want to get away again without calling Get Away Today Vacations.” (Get Away Today)